This activity takes some preparation and shopping, but the children will be able to do it over and over.
- get some different bead necklaces and smooth rocks from the dollar store
- also buy some plastic containers with lids
- remove the beads from the strings (pick some that are very close in shape and colour to make it challenging)
- put all of the beads in a pile
- take one of each kind and put in an empty container as an example
- the children sort the beads into each matching container
Once the beads are sorted and the lids are firmly closed, they can be used as musical instruments.