The summer is a great time to make a mess outside; the kids can put on their bathing suits and you can just hose them and the deck down afterwards. Think outside the box and let them explore stuff that would otherwise be off limits due to the clean-up.
- make different flavors of jello the night before
- use a plastic tablecloth to cover your patio table
- use baking trays or tupperware lids to mound the jello on
- add utensils if you want or just let the kids “sculpt” whatever they want with their hands
- use different colours and flavours of pudding to spread all over aluminum foil or fingerpaint paper
- take dirt out of the sandbox or use potting soil
- add water
- throw in some pails, spoons, plastic bowls etc.